Warning! This Oracle Cyberverse Article has been HACKED ~ Please Proceed at YOUR OWN RISK ~
This could be a little long-winded, Benny. But I promise it's important. Either way you look at it, there's a few things you need to understand about the world, and I'm here to share them.
TL;DR (An OOG Explanation)
Looking for a quick, bullet point summary of things? Here's the OOG abridged version before you get into the nitty gritty of this article:
- The world is Post-Modern Cyberpunk and Science Fiction. Specific sub-plots thereof will be heavily linked to government and corporate corruption, organized crime, pseudo-scientific concepts of technology and super human capabilities, and some interstellar travel and contact.
- While governments and nations still exist in the world, they are far beyond the subtlety of corruption and are entirely in the pockets of various Mega Corporations, every decision made by which furthers their own agendas and increases profit. This has led to a very autocratic, neo-fascist state in the world as a whole.
- Most people are born into indentured servitude, completely subservient to the neo-fascist machine. Everyone has a social contract they must adhere to with the state. Only a small few have been able to negotiate reasonable contracts and, among those, many themselves become corrupt and further the agenda of their corporate sponsors. Whether secretly spying on behalf of a conglomerate, looking to climb the ladder of a neo-fascist regime, or attempting to overthrow the enemies of freedom and justice in the name of what's right, you are among the few that have clawed your way out from under a very large boot and now reside in a small area of free trade and self-reliant living called "The LAG."
- Because the game takes place on a future Earth (200 years to the exact date) in an extreme socio-political and socio-economic climate where the geopolitical and corporate landscapes of the world draw very similar parallels to our own, we have a lot of political undertones in our plot which can be explored in ways that allow our players to feel more personally connected to the world and to fight for what they believe is right, their actions ultimately impacting the Earth and allowing it to be reshaped in ways that the players truly dream it to be
- This is just the tip of the iceberg in terms of the depth and details of the game's plot world, but it's a good start. We highly recommend you take a look at the rest of the Oracle Cyberverse for more in-depth information on the game world. Be warned, it's a LOT of information to assimilate, so read it in pieces or put some major time to the side in order to get through it all. A good starting spot for a nice, slightly more in-depth synopsis would be our Timeline
- If you have any questions, please Contact Us
A Message from Konsumed
Wake up. Where are you? When are you? Yes, this is on your screen. Oracle isn't watching, though. Not now. I made sure of that. Of course, they're probably scrambling to fix this little incident. I'm sure QuBand messages are being sent frantically while Inquisitors gear up for deployment to wherever this CV Address is tied to. Think of me as your Sensei. Don't worry, pupil. They won't find us terrorists. Not this time, anyway.
You're still reading? Good. It means that you want to believe in the truth. While credits can buy subservience and weapons beyond imagination, they can't change what you know to be true about everyone and everything in this fucked up world. Truths like like Conformity. Intolerance. Oppression. Injustice. Censor. Surveillance. MegaCorp. Once upon a time these were ideals that could be fought against. You used to have freedoms, rights. But here, now, in the 23rd century? Now you have little more than table scraps in the form of a business contract.
You want to know more? Alright, then. Here's the truth that mankind died from: Absolutism. Let me say it again. Absolutism. We got so caught up in shouting over one another about a slew of self-proclaimed social and economic injustices, so CONSUMED by our own self-realized superiority and complete, incontestable correctness about, well, everything, that to even fathom another opinion, let alone listening to another point of view and being challenged to consider a compromise, was so unbearable, we wound up subverting our own democracy. This is what allowed the true perpetrators of our holocaust to take over. This is why, in order to build a new world order, we must first destroy the one we've already helped fashion.
Who is responsible for it all? Why couldn't it be stopped? Each and every one of us is liable for being a cog in this machine. Don't get me wrong, there are those who are more responsible than others, and they will pay dearly for their crimes. But all it takes for evil to prevail is for good people to do nothing. That is precisely what we've done. And because of it, almost all of our cultural and social liberties enjoyed by most of the free world in the 20th and early 21st centuries have been eroded away. Now we're left with a world filled by Governments of the credit, by the credit, and for the credit.
It doesn't have to be like this, though. We can stop it, together. We can change the world. We can fight against the rotted, corrupted husks that our national governments have become. We can slay the corporate beasts trying to drain us of our creditless blood. We can reclaim the earth from the horrors and atrocities it now faces and ascend to our rightful place in the stars. It's only a matter of whether or not you're willing to commit to the cause or if you're part of the problem and plan to push our planet deeper into the hole we've dug for ourselves. You decide whether or not we enter Oblivion. The time is at hand...